We stayed home this weekend to do a full-2 day potty training bootcamp!
It went very well other than the fact that I am exhausted trying to keep a energetic 3 year old entertained ALL day for two full days, without leaving the house!!
Oh my...
Other than 1-2 accidents it went really well. Beanie has been ready for a while. I started keeping a couple of potties around the house as soon as she turned one year old and was walking. She would sit on it with her clothes on, put her dolls on it, etc. I then went on to a more structured routine of having her go before bath each evening and in the mornings upon waking up. That worked great and it got her in the habit of sitting on it. From them on its just been getting her more aware. Back in Oct she was actually doing really well, always telling me when she had to go....then she lost interest, but now seems back into it, so it was just a matter of getting it done. We always have something fun planned each weekend so a lot of it was sheer laziness on my part as well!
Beanie was very excited and complaint about using the potty every 20 min when the timer went off. Of course, the organic gummies were an incentive. I struggled with the whole incentive thing, and stickers worked for a while, but I needed something more for the actual training. Beanie is aware that the gummes are only for training. The first day it was timer-based, today it was more about me asking her at regular intervals but allowing her to go when she was ready.
Today we even ventured out of the house to go for a bike ride. We go to a small park in a nearby neighborhood. I drive there with the bike in the trunk. The car is parked nearby so I carried the potty with me and kept checking with her if we needed to go back to the car to use it. She did not and when we came home, she went to the bathroom.
The accident that happened today was in the evening when she was playing with my Mom and per Beanie, the "pee pee came too fast". But 2 accidents in 48 hours is not bad at all.
Tomorrow she will go to school in underwear. I am packing extra pants, underwear and socks (one cannot forget the socks!). Hopefully she will do well.
I expect her to have some accidents in school for a couple of weeks until she completely gets the hang of it, but I am sure so do her teachers.
She is still in night time diapers at night (pull ups are not absorbent enough at night in my experience). Beanie likes to drink milk before bedtime so she pees a lot at night. I am going to slowly push that bottle back earlier in the evening so she has time to use the bathroom. Our routine consists of bed with milk/books, then brush, then lights out, so I am having her use the potty one last time before we actually turn off the lights. Some mornings she is almost dry, others her diaper is almost bursting. But either ways she does go pee first thing in the AM.
Its a work in progress, but we are down the path....so many changes...
Update: Monday
Beanie ended up getting sick last night - stuffy nose/cough so stayed home today. She had one accident this morning, but has been good throughout, even taking a 1:30 hr nap in her underwear. Hope she feels better tomorrow and can go to school.
Pack extra shoes too... I learned that one the hard way. :)
ReplyDeleteOther than that congrats Momma and Beanie on potty training!! Sounds like a great start!
能看啪啪真人聊天室
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍ut聊天室
福利啪啪視頻吧
福利聊天室你懂的
真人色情表演視頻網站
9158聊天室你懂的
同城視頻聊天室
同城裸聊直播視頻
奇摩女孩免費視訊聊天室
免費的裸聊qq