It looks like we are...sigh :-(
The past several weekends its been a challenge to get Beanie to sleep in the afternoon. Mind you, this is after what is usually a busy morning going out either to the park/shopping/eating out, etc, so one would think she would be tired after being on her feet for 3-4 hrs at a stretch, but no.
I get home and collapse on the bed and she just moves round, on/off the bed, singing, generally not wanting to sleep. When she finally does (if at all) its close to 4pm, which then means even if I wake her at 5pm, she sleeps very late at night, sometimes almost 10pm.
So the last couple of weekends, I have just decided to let her be and see how she does.
Well, its amazing!
This kid is non stop energy ALL day and will then sleep at a more palatable time of 8:30pm, and is out like a light. She is not cranky at all in the evenings, and by about 7pm she will say she is getting tired and we start our night time routine.
Of course, no afternoon nap means having to keep her entertained an additional 2 hrs usually when I am tired from being out all morning with her, but its a small price to pay for an earlier bedtime.
Today I did not even bother to go up to the bedroom to rest myself. I had a massage from 1-2pm and after I came back having done groceries, we painted Easter eggs, did yard work (bye bye massage benefits), cleaned windows, etc....and now she is downstairs playing with my Dad.
Not a single yawn has been seen.
Well, I guess my baby is growing up.
BTW - in school she does nap.
My son was 2 when naps stopped, I loved the freedom of being able to make plans all day without worrying about nap time!
ReplyDeleteThat is true! I never thought of it that way :-)
Delete