Sunday, December 7, 2014

Random Recap

Its been a busy few weeks....not doing anything much except juggling work and single motherhood which takes a lot of time.

We had a nice Thanksgiving at my sister's place. Beanie enjoyed the "party" and loved playing with my sister's cat and her older cousins. She is getting more comfortable with them now that she is seeing them a bit and getting older so she remembers.

The last week was spent catching up with housework and things that I could not get to (eg bills) when Beanie was home from school the week of TG.

Hats off to you SMCs who work out of the house - how do you manage to get everything done, eg cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking?!  I work from home and still am running ragged at times :-)

We had a lovely weekend.

Yesterday was a rainy day and we had nothing planned, so after playing at home for a few hours, on an impulse I asked my Mom to meet us for lunch at Pan.era Bread. Beanie was so excited to "eat" out. She was a complete joy in the restaurant and ate her grilled cheese sandwich, organic yogurt and even tried and enjoyed my squash soup. We then went Christmas shopping and finally to Pet.co where she got to see many "pup-pups" and "titties"  (as in kitties). We even got to pet a puppy.  After a 2 hours nap (yay!) we went to my parents place where she has a blast playing with my sister's kitty - Felix. He is about 7 mos old and completely intrigued by her (and vice versa). It is so cute to see them play together.

Today we went shopping again and then to Appl.bees for lunch. Beanie behaved so well, given she had refused her mid morning snack so was quite hungry. She played with crayons and was delightful in general. I don't usually take her out much simply because restaurant food is not always the healthiest, but I am so impressed that she behaves so well and had such a good time. I don't think I am ever going to Apple.bee's though  - the food was way too salty!

Tomorrow the guys are coming (supposedly) to re-work my front porch railings. They did a pretty dismal job the first time around so I am going to make sure they fix it properly!

My knee has been bothering me the past few weeks.

One morning I miscalculated a step while coming downstairs. I did not fall but stepped rather heavily on my right leg and seem to have pulled something in my knee. It seemed to get better but then about two weeks ago I went for yoga which aggravated it again. Now its fine most times except when I sit cross-legged or on my knees when it extends something which hurts. And sitting on my knees is something I do a lot of to get  Beanie dressed, bathed, etc. Sigh!

Of course, Beanie wants to be carried up/down which is not helping either given she is 29lbs, so now I insist she go up.down by herself which she totally can of course - expect it takes forever since she wants to examine each step and find lint or some other "dirty" along the way! 

Toddlers - you just gotta love them :-)

4 comments:

  1. Love the update! Hope your knee is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your knee feels better. And I'm happy to read that you enjoyed Thanksgiving at your sister's. I know your relationship had its challenge. It's good to know that Beanie is getting more comfortable with her cousins.

    ReplyDelete