Friday, December 26, 2014
21 Months!
My Beanie is 21 months old today - where is the time going!
She is now talking in 3 word sentences, such as, "I see you", "there it is", "I threw it" and almost always stringing words together in all her chatter. She is picking up bigger words such as, "nutcracker", "ocean", "thunder", "raindrops" all of which she says very clearly. Others such as "Santa Claus", "snowman", "dinosaur" etc are a bit more baby-speak.
She understands the concept of hers vs mine. So the past couple of weeks she has been pointedly saying "Mamma lunch/my lunch" or "Mamma kitchen/my kitchen".
She also understand the concept of "later" and "wait". So for example, I can tell her to wait at the bottom of the stairs while I run up to get something. And she will be sweetly sitting on the last step below "waiting". Of course I am gone no more than 20-30 sec at most and am usually right on the top landing so I can still see her, but its good to not have to lug her up/down or wait 10 minutes for her to meander up the strairs.
The cutest is she says "away" when she wants anyone to leave or not interfere with what she is doing. Its quite hilarious how she will motion me "away, away!".
She loves climbing on things and testing the boundaries of what she can physically do. She can now go up/down the stairs, like a grown up, holding the bannister rails.
She loves stickers that come on clothes. When we go to stores its quite a task to keep her from taking them off !!
She is getting into the "terrible tows" in that things must go her way otherwise a meltdown will happen. Activities such as getting dressed, changing diapers, getting in the car are now an endless stream of cajoling, and waiting until she is ready to do it. Often times, I do lose patience and grab her amid protests just to get the job done.
Sleep wise all I can say is that by some miracle she has been sleeping 10-12 hour straight the past week. And by that I mean, no wake up for milk, no waking up crying from a nightmare or saying "mama, mama", no peep at all! Of course I have been unable to benefit from this lucky break since I have been sick and sleeping poorly, but I am hoping its a trend!
Food wise she is getting a bit picky so not eating as well as she used to. She could like something today but not 3 days later, so its a bit difficult to judge what she will eat. I always need to have a back up dinner in mind. The past months he started having the snacks at school so I think it is helping her expand her palate and sh ewill now say "try it" when she sees something new. I gave her a french fry today for the first time and she liked it - why am I not surprised!
Overall she is growing and thriving and is a sweet loving child which is all I could possibly ask for.
I love you, darling!
BTW -- Beania weighs 28.8 lbs and is 35.5 inches tall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a bright girl you have. I love reading your posts, it gives me something to look forward to. I can't believe she will turn 2 in a short little while.
ReplyDeleteA wonderfully clever girl you have! It's no wonder you enjoy her so much!
ReplyDelete