Today is two years to the day when little Beanie and I started our journey together. It was July 23rd that I had my little embie put in me and my life changed.
I had planned a sunny post to talk about how I plan to use this day to commemorate the donors, but today has been a challenging day and I am too exhausted to write a long post.
Beanie has been super clingy and crying when I drop her off at daycare the past few days. No idea why since she was fine last week which was the first week back after the summer break. The past two days she cried hysterically during carpool and starts whimpering as soon as we turn into the street where the school is. Today I decided to go later so I could take her into class, which was a bit better although she still whimpered, but it means dropping her after 9am which cuts into my work day.
To add to it at around 7pm in the evenings after my Dad leaves, she becomes this crying fussy little person and nothing seems to satisfy her - she does not want to sleep, nor does she want to play. She cannot decide if she wants to be on the bed or get down and wander around the room or go downstairs. If I pick her up she wants down, if I put her down she wants me to pick her up.
Today its was almost 8pm, I had not eaten and she was nowhere near sleepy so I brought her back down so I could eat a few spoonfuls of food. She stood in the kitchen crying and clinging to my leg, while I ruffled her hair and talked to her as I heated up some food in the microwave. But she kept crying and ended up having a big spit up, and the cried more on seeing the mess. But despite the crying she had the presence of mind to point out where all the spit up had fallen, so I could clean it up.
She finally fell asleep at about 9pm by which time I was practically in tears myself since I still had so many chores to do - the house was a mess, there were dishes in the sink and cooktop - and I had not even eaten properly.
Exhausting!
Not sure of its just separation anxiety, being over tired or teething, but I hope this phase does not last too long. She has been waking at night numerous times as well crying so we are back to poor sleep.
On the bright side, today she said "door" :-)
Ah, poor Beanie. :( definitely sounds like something is up like teething or some discomfort. Hope things get better for both of you soon!
ReplyDeleteThese episodes with little kids are so puzzling, aren't they? Hang in there!
ReplyDeletePoor B & poor you! It's so frustrating when you don't know why your kiddo is upset, so don't know how to make it better. Hang in there, hugs for you both.
ReplyDeleteBig virtual hug! It could be so frustrating when there seems to be nothing you can do to sooth your child. Hang in there. I couldn't help but smile when I read "she had the presence of mind to point out where all the spit up had fallen"...still adorable :)
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering if this is what they called in our class we had to take be released with our newborn the "period of purple crying". They didn't know why but the child just needs and wants to cry.
ReplyDeleteHugs. So frustrating. But what a blessing for donors too!!! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteTry Advil. We are going through the same thing. Once the Advil has a chance to kick in, our happy, non-clingy boy is back. Those molars are incredible painful and it lasts for weeks.
ReplyDeleteI hope whatever is bothering her clears up. That must be hard on both of you.
ReplyDelete