Sunday, July 6, 2014

A good start!

Its been a fun start to Beanie and my time off.

She had last week off and my Mom came everyday to help out.  I was working but I endeavored to do something outside of the house in the mornings before my work day got busy to give Beanie an outing. Most were fun outings to Walmart or the pet store. But unfortunately one of those "outings" was her 15 month well visit and two shots. It was a bit rough since poor Beanie recognizes the office building and starts crying as soon as she enters the clinic, so it makes for a long and arduous appointment.

On Friday (4th) my parents came over for lunch - the usual 4th fare of hot dogs, potato salad, watermelon. Beanie enjoyed eating the watermelon but did not like the nitrate-free hot dog I offered her to taste. Then later we went to my parents place and played in the yard.

On Saturday we went to Gap since I had some reward dollars I wanted to use and they had a good sale going one. I bought 12 items and paid $6 - yay!    No more clothes for Beanie until the Fall, she has more than enough for summer now.

Today (6th) we went to the zoo.

We left early around 9am to beat the heat. I was curious to see how many people would be there right when the zoo opens and was surprised to see it really crowded. Everyone had the same idea! 

The zoo was fun! Beanie was so excited to see giraffes, zebras, monkeys, lions and an elephant. She also loved the pandas! She had a big smile on her face and had a great time. We took a train ride and she was so excited, she kept looking at me and grinning and pointing to the seat and everything. It is so much fun seeing things through the eyes of a child! 

A lot of exhibits she could not see within unless she was lifted up so she hardly sat in the stroller and I had to carry her (25lbs) practically the whole zoo.  My Mom was pushing the empty stroller since Beanie refused to sit in it even when we were just getting from Point A to Point B.  Most people were carrying their kids and pushing empty stroller!

We left around 1pm after lunch. I was hoping that she could eat something at the zoo but had carried food for her anyways. Just as well since they only had hot dogs, chicken nuggets and pizza,,,,all of which she does not eat.  It was nice sitting outside under umbrellas while we ate and Beanie had her food.

We left around 1pm and she fell asleep in the car as I had planned and then went on to nap another 1:30 hrs after we came home!

When I opened the car door to get her outs she was fast asleep clutching the stuffed panda my Mom bought for her.

Too cute!!!

No work for me this week (yay!) just going to hang with my little one. I have a couple of excursions planned which I hope she will enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a good start to a week off with Beanie! Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I enjoy reading your blog. One of my closest friends recently gave birth to Baby #2 and she makes her life seem so miserable now. It's so refreshing to come here and see how much you are enjoying motherhood despite of its challenges. And Beanie sounds so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound like an absolutely wonderful start to your vacation! I love how much she enjoyed the zoo - and that she took a nap exactly as planned. :)

    ReplyDelete