Monday, January 20, 2014

Bye Bye and Bullet Post

Today when I dropped Beanie at daycare and said "bye bye" she raised her hand and waved. Awww..

And later at night when my Dad, who comes over to play with her everyday from 5-6:30pm, said he was going to go bye bye, she immediately waved at him, just upon hearing the words.

So cute! And a milestone I needed to note on the blog, given her baby book has not been updated in ages!

In other news:
  • Beanie now goes to daycare three days a week. She loves it and it so cure how every morning when I drop her off her friends all come crawling up to say Hi!
  • The nanny started last week. She is nice. Beanie had a meltdown initially since she has severe stranger anxiety but within a day or so she got used to her and is now happy in her company.
  • I like the nanny, but I need to ask her that now that she is familiar with our routine, to feel free to be more proactive in doing things, like picking up after Beanie or washing bottles etc and not wait for me to tell her. I am sure that having me in the house could be a reason why she feels she should wait for me to tell her.
  • My heat pump downstairs has started making an awful noise so I need to call the home warranty company. What a pain! Bet I need it replaced.
  • Got a convertible car seat for Beanie since at 21lbs and 29 inches she is almost maxing out the infant car seat limitations. I was worried that it may not fit my car, they look huge in the store, but I tried it today and luckily it fit. Its a much better fit forward facing, then rear-facing, but hopefully in another few months Beanie will be able to ride front facing. I think the limit is >20lbs and 1 year old.
  • Beanie has yet another cold, lost count by now. She has a bad cough so we are back to sitting in the steam bathroom etc. I ended up taking her to walk in clinic yesterday to have her ears and chest checked since I always worry that it might be congested after the RSV episode. They are both fine, so its just a cold. I have accepted that this will be an ongoing thing until winter is over.
Not a lot else going on .... just day to day stuff which is not particularly exciting to blog about.

Oh I did go for yoga this past Saturday. It was so great going back to class.

The nanny came in for a few hours (so did my Mom).  The funny thing is my Mom does not like the idea of leaving Beanie with the nanny alone since "she is a stranger".  The nanny in summer was the daughter of a family friend so a known person.

I was telling my Mom that given she now does not have any full day taking care of Beanie, maybe I can drop Beanie off at their place every other Sat for 2 hrs and go for yoga instead of paying the nanny AND have my Mom there!


12 comments:

  1. Awe. She's starting to communicate. I think it'll just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe…love your update on beanie. I can't find any history on your blog. Did you end up going with donor eggs? I'm just doing some research in case the rug gets pulled out from underneath us with our genetic test results on our own embryos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. I tried only one IVF with OE (given my age), had a chemical which convinced me the egg quality was not good and then I switched to DE - best decision I made. Now when I see her I am so glad that all turned out the way it did. Cannot imagine being Mom to anyone else!

      Delete
  3. Please don't forward face her until at least age two and ideally keep her rear facing for as long as the seat limits allow (her skeleton won't go through ossification until around age 4). If you want a heartbreaking story about the dangers of forward facing too soon you can watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8. I would also encourage you to join Car Seats for the Littles on Facebook. I have learned so much about car seat safety by doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Jen. I will check out that FB group.

      Delete
    2. I second what Jen said. My LO is 18 months and not quite 21lbs. We plan on allowing him to stay rear-facing until he reaches the max on his car seat (which is 45lbs or 43inches). This was also recommended by our MD. People always say "but they are happier facing forward". I say, if you never face them forward, they'll never know what they're missing. Put a little mirror up and they'll be able to see/interact with you just fine :)

      Just my two cents, of course. But the research really does say it's safer.

      Delete
  4. So adorable how Beanie keeps going through these milestones. Now that she is starting to communicate it will get only more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! I hope your mom becomes as comfortable with the new nanny as Beanie has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute how she waves good bye. Yeah the nanny should know what to do without you having to tell her all the time. Maybe giving her a set of instructions on paper would help?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been working on bye bye with Jacob too but so far nada. Must be adorable to see her wave at you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw sweet update & good for you for getting out to yoga!

    ReplyDelete