About a decade ago, I used to be a shopaholic.
Now I never went beyond my means or got into debt over it (so does that technically make me a shopaholic?), but there came a point where I would be spending serious cash almost every weekend on clothes.
Of course all the loyalty discounts don't make it easy to break the habit - the "get $20 off every $100 you spend" type deals had me going back to my favorite store again and again.
Then I realized I had way too many clothes and once I started working from home I had less need to be on top of the correct trends.
Now my shopping is much reduced, and while I do buy things every season, it very selective.
It helps tremendously that the closest mall is an hour away, so its not like when I lived in CA and I had some really high end malls within 15 miles of my home.
After having Beanie, I am even more aware that I have more than enough clothes and don't need anything for me.
But the game has changed....
I now have my little poppet to dress!
So slowly but surely........ the addict in me is creeping out again.
However much I swear I will not be buying clothes at retail (she just outgrew her Cal.vin Kl.ien 6 month onsies in 3 weeks), I still cannot help myself.
This weekend, we made two ( yes TWO) trips to baby Ga.p and came back with some adorable stuff.
Now I do have to say that I went straight to the Sales rack, so that speaks in my favor, no?
They had a nice sale on markdowns and I ended up signing up for a G.ap card since I know I will be back there, so I ended up getting 60% off which was great.
I bought her the cutest bright yellow raincoat and some nice sweaters, pants, long sleeved onsies and lace camisole type thing she can layer under onsie.
I then bough a bunch of stuff online from K.ohls since she needs long sleeved onsies now that the Fall/Winter is approaching.
And am I totally insane to be actually coveting this?
http://www.jcrew.com/baby/shop_by_category/sweaters/PRDOVR~03464/03464.jsp
Even though I am buying 9 mos and above clothing, I know she will go through them so fast, but sometimes you just have got to give in to addiction :-)
It can be really fun to buy baby stuff. I always enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteI got a Ga.p card this weekend, too!! I'm on the hunt currently for the "perfect" holiday dress. I'm sure Beanie is quite the fashionista. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree that babies - especially little girls are super fun to buy clothes for... sounds like you really enjoy shopping and try to get your money's worth, too. I think the cashmere sweater might be just a bit impractical... :-)
ReplyDeleteWow. You sure do have more money than I do! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat sweater is totally adorable. I get why you like it. But... you.must.not.buy.it! Lol! I totally understand though. I've done some pretty crazy purchases for some of my friends' babies. It's the retailers fault, they make the clothes way too adorable.
ReplyDeletelol - no worries, I don't plan to buy it :-) Just something to look at and sigh and think how totally adorable Beanie would look in it, But nah, not buying it :-)
DeleteI've never been much of a fashionista. I once went into a store I frequent and asked when they had moved next door. The clerk told me 9 months prior. I guess that tells you the state of my wardrobe.
ReplyDeleteBut, I would buy stuff if I had an adorable baby. Probably not the sweater, I'm too thrifty for that, but it is super cute.
Looking to get knocked up the natural way? @NicoleJardim's new program is for you! http://www.mcssl.com/app/?af=1546785
ReplyDeleteI tend to buy too many kids clothes, too - and I really *should* be buying for me. LOL It gets easier as they get older and stay in their clothes a lot longer. I bought a lot of clothes that were just a little too big at the beginning of the summer, and they're all now in the just a little too small (but still wearable) phase now. Never would have happened 2 years ago!
ReplyDelete