Sunday, August 4, 2024

Summer Recap and Medical Issues

Summer went by very fast this year!  Its back to school tomorrow with with S starting middle school! She is excited but also nervous. Luckily she has one of her good friends in her homeroom and a couple others in her classes so that is making her feel a bit better.

Meet the Teachers (now there are 4) was on Thusday. Very chaotic, with so many kids and parents crowing the halls. Her teachers seem nice, except the ELA one who was very scattered. She is new to the school, so I am hoping she gets her act together soon otherwise.

It is hard to even rememeber what we have been doing all summer - let's see;

May:
 - I had a business trip to CA which was good. I got to meet my new boss.
- Then, S had her milestones and the rest of the month was busy with end of school events - sports day, chorus concert, party and of course graduation.
-We were running around towards the end of the month to get S kitted for her riding competition.
- Also spend part of the month planning our summer holiday to NYC.

June:
-S had her riding competition. It was supposed to be end of May but got postponed to first weekend in June which was good since I had barely gotten back from my trip. I was glad to get a weekend to orgainze myself.
- Spent some time getting ready for our trip. Every few trips, there comes the one where suddenly one is out of everything. I was busy getting clothes, socks, make up that was running out, and stuff to deal with the horrible heat wave that was going to occur during our trip (eg small fans, cooling cloths, etc)
- We also went to see a lovely horse show with some amazing breeds of horses. I bought tickets as a treat for S for doing so well in school. It was an hour away, and we had a lovely day. My Mom came along as well.
- Then the next day after the horse show (Mon), S says her throat hurts and she is running a fever. We were to leave for NYC om Wed.  The next 12  hrs were a mad dash to Urgent Care to figure out what was going on with her. Both COVID and Strep swabs were negative, but her throat looked ad so they assumed it was strep and gave her antibiotics.
- Cue in hours on the phone to get our tickets moved to the week of July 4th. Luckily we were staying with a friends/family so no impact on hotel booking. Also, I had not booked any tours etc.
- I was so stressed out with all that + working, that I ended up taking 2 of my vacation days to just relax and destress. My company had decided at the nth hour to shut down the week of July 4th forcing us all to take PTO, so that made it easier to move our trip dates.

July:
- We had a wonderful trip to Jersey City, NYC and Connecticut. The weathere was anazing for the most part, It got hot the last 2 days but by then we were in stores (FAO Shwartz) etc so it was not bad. We did all the touristy stuff and had a really nice time connecting with my friend in Jersey City and my cousin's family in NYC.
- Unfortunately, the day we arrived at my cousin's house his wife was getting sick. I was nervous we would get whatever she had, but she stayed masked and I took over running the house for a few days so she could rest.
- We came home on Sunday (we were gone 6 days). My Mom was taking care of our cat in our absence. But while we were gone she tore her miniscus. She did not tell us while we were away but since we have been back she has been deaing with all that.
- Then on that Tue, I  start with a sctarchy throat, and I think "great I got what my cousin's wife had". The next day, Wed I a congestted and have a headache and by evening I have the chills. On Thurs AM I test positive for COVID!!!!!
- So that entire week was spent working from bed (I had already taken the week off earlier), trying to rest in between the chills and the worst sore throat ever, and trying to isolate from S, while still cooking etc. Thankfully we did end up getting Uber eats later in the week when I was able to swallow!
- It took me 2 weeks to get back to 100 %, only for S to get some summer cold with a runny nose for a week!!  

In between all this, I go for my mammogram and I get a call back :-(  They have seen something on my right breast, so I need to get a diagnostic mammogram this Wed (7th) and maybe an ultrasound.  I am trying to stay positive, but am very worried.

This week was Meet the Teacher and also S's 11year old physical. She had a bood draw and one of the results was abnormal  :-(.   So, now she need to go back to get it re-drawn.  All this with my own mammogram drama going on.

I am quite overwhelmed right now......so please send good thoughts our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment