We had a fun-filled day going to several Earth Day festivals around town. Its been our tradion to celebrate Earth day since Beanie was a toddler.
I have always encouraged Beanie to play outdoors and appreciate nature and I am so proud that as she has grown up she is very aware of how pollution and single use plastic impacts our earth. She is always cognizant of not wasting water and turning off lights.
On my part, I have tried to reduce our use of plastic. One thing I did a couple of years ago was to buy reusable BPA free plastic bags of different sizes. I use them in place of ziploc bags to freeze meats, and other things like pizza, etc. After I am done I wash them out and air dry them. They are super durable and I have not needed to buy ziploc in years.
I have also switched to buying Earth Breeze laundry detergent. I really love that I don't have to buy those big tubs of laundry. And they wash really well so no complaints there.
Recently I tried the foaming hand soap powders from Tar.get. They are pretty good actually. I reuse my old foaming soap bottles. Next I plan to try their all purpose cleaner. That will reduce the need to buy more platic bottles.
And of course, I take my own cloth bags to the grocery store and try to not buy too many plastic packeged goods.
I think if we all do our small part, we can really make a differnce.
I am hoping that seeing me recycled and try to reduce plastic usage will empower Beanie even more in making good choices for our Earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment