Saturday, April 15, 2023

Aunt and Cousin Fun

 Now that Beanie is older, I have been suggesting family give her "experinces" rather than gifts for special occassions.

For Christmas, Beanie wanted to spend 1-1 time with my sister.  

Now if you recall, my sister was very cool torwards Beanie when she was a baby. I never understood why, but I think some it stemmed from my decision to not blab to all and sundry that I had used a donor egg. She felt I was being disingenous, while I felt (a) it was nobody's business (b) I wanted that disclosure to be Beanie's as she grew older. 

But as Beanie has gotten older my sister has been getting closer to her which makes me happy.

Last week during Spring Break, my sis took Beanie for a morning out (the XMas request).  She took Beanie to her office for a bit, then they had lunch. Later, they went shopping/running errands to Bath and Body, Target etc. My sis had a really fun time, and hopes to do it again soon!  

Beanie is great to shop with and super fun company. She is always game to go places and do stuff. Now that she is older she can comment on things one is buying or give suggestions, etc. 

Benie's birthday was a couple of weeks ago. Since it comes pretty soon after Christmas, we were all shopped out, so I suggested to my niece (28 yrs old) that instead of a gift, she should plan some 1-1 time with Beanie. My niece had been wating to go to a painting studio for a long time. Beanie has been there may times and was eager to go with her.  Today, they both went to the painting studio and later for lunch.  My niece was having fun since she proloned the outing by taking Beanie to play with her dog at my sister's place. They both had a fun time. My niece was impressed with all the painting tips Beanie was giving her...I guess all the art camps came in handy :-)

It was lovley to see the two cousins' bonding!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I love that she’s having fun experiences with extended family and that your sister has come around. My sister has a little bit too and recently took E to a baseball game. I guess more people that love and spend time with them is a good thing. 💕

    ReplyDelete