Sunday, June 5, 2022

My little girl is growing up...

 Today I bought Beanie her first training bra for some addition coverage under her clothes. 

While she is no where near developing, I have noticed that when she wears t-shirts of a thinner material or plain colors, an extra layer of clothing would be beneficial. 

I began googling training bras last month.

Earlier this week we were on vacation and I bought her a pretty sleeveless top.  It is a thin material and as soon as she tried it, it was obvious she needed something underneath,  Rather than wearing a tank top or a full cami which would be hot in this weather, a training bra seemed a better idea.

According to Beanie, her friends have been wearing training bras for months - I am not sure, but will ask one of the Mom's.  Anyway we went to Tar.get today and got a pair of pink ad white ones. They are super comfy -- basically a cropped cami, in simple cotton.

They fit great and she could wear her new top and it provided the perfect coverage she needed. I told her she does not need to wear it with every outfit, just the thinner t-shirts.

She is so excited. 

At first it seemed strange buying her a training bra at 9 years old, but then I recalled that when I was a kid we always wore "chemise" or "slips" under our clothes. They were waist length and sometimes longer for dresses, and provided the same effect, an extra layer of coverage.

My baby is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment