Saturday, June 12, 2021

Short Getaway and Summer plans

 My Mom, Beanie and I took a short trip to the mountains this week.

 It was nice to getaway even for just a couple of nights. 

We had a fun time doing gem stone mining, scenic railway ride, mini golf, browsing the shops and playing at a really cool playground. 

Most people around us were mask less, including on train although they kept announcing that masks were required. We kept our masks on inside shops and in busy areas. We ate inside a restaurant twice, but both cases the restaurant was either really big, or not very busy so we felt comfortable. I am still not totally comfortable going maskless and indoor dining in crowded places. 

We are back home and I am back to work on Monday.

Beanie has been busy with her business. She has had 3 jobs so far, including mail pick-up, plant care and cat-sitting. Today she got another job for a week to water outdoor plants for another neighbor on our street.  I am so proud of her. She takes her work very seriously and is very responsible. 

I signed Beanie up for two camps this summer. One is a week-long horse riding camp which starts the week of June 21 from 8:30-2:30pm. The following week she will go to an art camp with a friend across the street. That camp is from 12:30pm-3:30pm. It will be the first time she is away since the pandemic started, it will be very odd. But it means I can work without interruption which will be nice.

I have started taking Beanie to the community pool. We keep our distance from the other folks and she has enjoyed getting back in the water after over a year!  I was excited to see that she picked up where she left off. I may consider signing her up for lessons again.

Its nice to get some degree of normalcy. We are going into stores with our masks and may people are masked at the grocery store, Tar.egt etc around here which is good. 

We may do some day trips during the summer and maybe another short getaway round July4th.


No comments:

Post a Comment