Thursday, March 26, 2020

Seven!

My darling Beanie,

Today is your 7th birthday!

You are growing into such a lovely girl - sweet, loving, smart, independant and kind (and sassy!). Seeing you grow and become your own person fills my heart with much joy.

The past year you have continued to develop your own personality and opinions and thoughts. As a parent it is so fascinating to see this small child grow and blossom.

So what were the highlights of the year -- let see...

1. Learning to ride a bike with no wheels. This for sure is a big achievement and worth mention. You leaned it within an hour!  We still need to practice so you can get more confident, but as I told you, once you learn how to ride a bike, you will never forget it!

2. Losing teeth!  You lost your first tooth right before your 6th birthday and since then you have lost 3 more. You have one big front tooth (actually its two teeth fused together) that is again REFUSING to fall, even though the tooth at the back is almost fully grown.  Sigh - I think your teeth love you too much. The dentist said not to worry so we will wait, but I sure would like to see that one gone soon.

3. In December, you qualified for your school's Gifted program. You scored well in the COGAT test that your whole class took. The school then asked me if I wanted you tested further. I consented since I saw how much you enjoyed the COGAT questions. Well, Mommy always knew you were very smart and ahead of your peers, but I was blown away at how high you scored on subsequent tests. You are enjoying the enrichment classes because they allow you to be inventive and creative and you can interact with like-minded kids.

Talking about school you are doing very well.

Your teachers love you since you follow the rules and are very kind and well-behaved in class. You follow directions, do all your assignments with very few mistakes and enjoy learning. You are still a bit quiet but when you have the opportunity you make your opinion known.

You are excellent in math and a very quick learner. Your reading has developed very well over the past year. You read independently and with expression and can read books that are above grade level.

You have a lot of friends and they all love you because you are kind to everyone and very sweet and helpful. Your friends Mommies like their kids hanging out with you too!!

You love anything with sparkles and unicorns, and pretty dresses and all things girly :-) Your favorite colors are purple and pink.  Last summer we re-did your room to make it more big girl, so now you have your desk and all your stuff is organized. You are very neat (most times --lol) and like having things organized  - as do I :-)

You enjoy playing outdoors and love nature. We recently started going for walks together. It is so much fun for me to see you prancing around in front of me, and chatting away.

You continue to be very artsy and creative. All your drawings and paintings are beautiful. I am always impressed by your artwork.

While you are now getting too big for Mommy to pick up (ooh... I miss that soooo much!), I LOVE that you still like to hold my hand whenever we go out. The feel of your hand in mine is so precious and I hope you continue do that for a long time.

I cherish these days.

I know you still love to play with Mommy and sometimes after a long day I am not always in the mood, but I try, because I know that soon you will be older and not want that Mommy-Sabi time that you love so much.

This year with the Coronavirus your birthday is not the same. We had to postpone and then ultimately cancel your birthday party. And because of the social distancing, we will not able to have Grammy and the rest of the family over to our house, either,

 I know you are disappointed but you understand that we all need to stay safe and are being so mature about it. You make me so proud. Mommy is determined that you have a special birthday, so we decorated the house last night for our FROZEN 2 themed party.  Mommy ordered a cake and we got pizza delivered, and you and I had a fabulous evening watching Frozen 2 on DVD that Mommy surprised you with.

Your teacher emailed you a birthday greetings and you Skyped with your friends. Your best friend, Mollie, sent you a unicorn flower cake and balloons. You also got flowers from your Aunt. The elderly lady across the street, Ms Jan, is so sweet. She always remembers your birthday and got you a gift, as did our neighbor friend.

In the morning, went to meet Grammy, Aunt and Cousin. We hung out in the front yard so they could give you the gifts and you opened them in the yard!! How cool is that!!  You will always remember your 7th birthday as being very very odd, yet very cool!

So, my sweet angel, I close this post by simply saying - you are my sunshine and the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so glad I am your Mom and you make me so happy.

I wish you a lifetime of joy, happiness and dreams fulfilled -- with glitter and fairies and unicorns everywhere.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.




2 comments:

  1. She sounds like an amazing, kind, creative little girl! I think that celebration for her birthday sounds as wonderful as you could’ve made it. I feel sorry for the kids with not being able to have their friends over but watching frozen two and ordering pizza – super fun! Can’t believe she’s seven already. Sending lots of good thoughts to you both at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete