Summer is rushing past at a breakneck speed!
We have had a busy time with lots of play dates, swim lessons, festivals, birthday parties and other fun stuff, such as a puppet show in the city and a balloon festival.
Beanie has been going to her Private Pre-K. The summer program has field trips for the 5 year olds. I was not thrilled about sending her on trips to the city and beyond - going on the freeways, etc, and luckily Beanie agreed with me! We decided she would do the local field trips to places we had been. She was so very excited when her first field trip came around. They went to a painting place. Next she went to Monkey.Joes and today she went to a trampoline park. The next 2 trips are to the city so she will skip them. I promised to take her to those places myself later in the summer.
Three more weeks for Beanie to begin Kindergarten.
She is so excited, as am I to not have to pay for daycare - lol! We have the teacher "meet and greet" on Aug 2, with school starting on Aug 6. The school day begins at 7:40am which is when we normally wake up. So beginning next week, we will start waking up earlier by 30 min each week so we can get used to waking at 6am - more so me, then her.
She is so excited, as am I to not have to pay for daycare - lol! We have the teacher "meet and greet" on Aug 2, with school starting on Aug 6. The school day begins at 7:40am which is when we normally wake up. So beginning next week, we will start waking up earlier by 30 min each week so we can get used to waking at 6am - more so me, then her.
Beanie wants to ride the school bus which I am told comes to the main gate of our neighborhood at 7:05am. We may do that for a few months. In winter we will be driving in the car since I don't plan to stand in the cold.
In other news:
- We went on a road trip to TN to meet up with one of Beanie's best friends who moved to Illinois. We decided to meet at the half way point. It was a lot of fun. Beanie was thrilled to meet her BFF and his 3 year old little sister. The kids had a blast playing miniature golf, arcade games, eating ice cream and swimming in the hotel pool. Luckily at this age they just wanted to hang out, so we purposely did not plan any elaborate excursions eg zoo etc.
- We went on a road trip to TN to meet up with one of Beanie's best friends who moved to Illinois. We decided to meet at the half way point. It was a lot of fun. Beanie was thrilled to meet her BFF and his 3 year old little sister. The kids had a blast playing miniature golf, arcade games, eating ice cream and swimming in the hotel pool. Luckily at this age they just wanted to hang out, so we purposely did not plan any elaborate excursions eg zoo etc.
- I bought a new dishwasher last month - replacing the old while one with stainless steel. Next up is the microwave, followed by the range. But before I do those, I want to renovate my 1/2 bath. I have a quote from the guy who did my kitchen. Its a really small space so not very expensive to do, however, I have been stuck in a limbo for a year! I am unable to decide if I want a pedestal sink as I have now (current one has a big scratch) or a small vanity. The bathroom is small so I may go with the pedestal sink. That way more of the floor will be visible and I can put in some beautiful flooring - marble or travatine. Also, choosing the faucet, mirror, lighting etc have me in limbo! I think I need to print out what I like and create a binder. I tend to see stuff online and its hard to get a sense of how it will look once put together.
- I had a colonscopy last week. I have been having issues with what I figured were hemorrhoids for many months. I had been to my PCP in Oct and she gave me some stuff that helped, but it kept coming back so I decided to bite the bullet and see the GI doc. She checked me out and suggested give my age I should do a colonoscopy. I had one 7 years ago which was normal (had stomach pain) but she insisted. I was terrified of what it may be and for the next month I had this cloud hanging on my head. Anyway, I had it done. It was fine ...just some internal hemorrhoids. He gave me a leaflet on how they can be permanently fixed, so I may consider it after I do some research. I am making some lifestyle changes too, eg drinking more water and more fiber which does help.
- Lastly, my Dad is done with his treatment. He is now on a break until mid-Aug when he will have his next scan. For now we are just enjoying the break. He has a low RBC count which makes him fatigued but other than that he is doing okay. It takes about 8 weeks for red blood cells to build back up so they will check back in 2 weeks. His doctor was very happy that he had handled this very tough chemo+radiation regimen so well at 81 yrs old.
That is all for now.
I am reading all blogs but sometimes I am doing so in a dark room holding Beanie's hand while she falls asleep so I cannot always reply back.
- Lastly, my Dad is done with his treatment. He is now on a break until mid-Aug when he will have his next scan. For now we are just enjoying the break. He has a low RBC count which makes him fatigued but other than that he is doing okay. It takes about 8 weeks for red blood cells to build back up so they will check back in 2 weeks. His doctor was very happy that he had handled this very tough chemo+radiation regimen so well at 81 yrs old.
That is all for now.
I am reading all blogs but sometimes I am doing so in a dark room holding Beanie's hand while she falls asleep so I cannot always reply back.
Ahhh, starting kindergarten is so exciting! Seamus won't start until September, but I'm already itching to get started on his school supply shopping. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your dad has been handling his treatments well. I'll continue to send him good thoughts.