Friday, August 18, 2017

Baby Words

I have been wanting to write a post to document some of the sweet baby words Beanie used when she was just beginning to talk.

She is now of course completely conversational and talks like an 8 year old, using words like  "spectacular", "cooperate", "regular", "usually", 'digesting" "exhausting" "ruined"...all in appropriate context.  The other night she lay in bed and said "I am exhausted" (lol)...of course she probably heard me use the word but the fact she remembered and used it in context made me laugh.

Many times I have stopped and ask her "what did you say?" because she uses a word that just blows my mind. The other day she said "amphibian"...I asked her what it was and she said "a frog is an amphibian". She knows her numbers and most of her alphabets and sounds, so we while driving we enjoy reading speed limits and reading license plates.

Here are some of the words she used when she was just learning to talk:
  1. Dammy = Grammy
  2. Instash = attach
  3. Shut door shut = closing a door
  4. Cutting knife = knife  (cute how she added the cutting to it!)
  5. Chool = school
  6. Aminal = animal
  7. Tree Tundel = tree tunnel
  8. Away Away = when she wanted something/someone to move away
  9. Coucha = Couch or sofa
The one word she still mispronounces which is so adorable is "regular"...she uses it a lot and always pronounces it "reguLEAR".

I have so much more to blog about but just don't find the time. Maybe on Friday evening, when Beanie is at my parents, I can do some short posts.


1 comment:

  1. I think baby words are so cute! I still remember my little brother and sisters cute and silly pronunciations. They said rock or rook for milk. :) sounds like she will have a fabulous vocabulary going forward! I look forward to hearing more about what you guys of been up to when you have time.

    ReplyDelete