We had a fun Easter this year.
On Saturday, we attended an Easter egg hunt organized by the city. I was very keen to take her this year, since last year we missed it because it was the same day as Beanie's birthday party.
We met up with her best friend, Alex, and his family. The egg hunt was supposed to begin at 10am, so we reached right on time. I was worried about parking, but the place was not very busy.
Well, turns out the first age group was to start at 11:15am, and Beanie's group (3-4yr olds) was at 11:30!!!!
Ugh, we had an hour and a half to pass!
Luckily there were fire trucks and a bouncy house, so we passed the time waiting in line and doing some of those activities. Beanie and her friend had a great time, of course, keeping busy with each other, while they waited.
The hunt was organized by age as I mentioned and they had marked off the areas by colored ribbon. It was a big area per group with lots of eggs on the ground (pine-straw). It was quite something for all the parents to keep the kids behind the ribbon, they were so eager to get started, it was quite hilarious.
Finally it was time, and Beanie went off like a shot She was very single minded in her quest, not getting distracted and running off into the distance with me trying to keep up (while taking a video) and trying to not knock down any kids along the way.
She got a full basket, and eagerly opened them, only to find that all the candy was stuff she does not eat (eg Skit.tles and Star.bursts). I was a bit disappointed too since I was excepting some small chocolates at least. Well she ate a star.burst and a Twizzlers, and then we said bye to her friends and wrapped up the day. After that we went to lunch and to the pet store.
The next day - Easter - we were invited by a new neighbor up the street to an egg hunt and service at their church. Turns out the lady is the pastor - how cool is that. Beanie has been curious about churches, and I thought this would be a great time to introduce her to a church service. Their little girl is 6 mos younger to Beanie and will be attending the same elementary school, so I am eager to cultivate a friendship.
That morning, Beanie was thrilled to find that the Easter bunny had left her a
gift. She got a watering can, two gardening gloves, a kids Jazz CD,
bubbles, a kiddie nail polish (she has been asking for it for months)
and a chocolate bunny!
She was so happy!
The church egg hunt was at 10am, there were about 8 kids and it was pretty quick. Again Beanie filled her bucket and again she got Star.burts and Ski.ttles :-(
The service was nice. Beanie behaved as well as a 4 year old can for an hour. It was funny because she kept calling it a "show" - so cute !
We went out to lunch later and then back home for a quiet rest of the day - phew!
Sounds like lots of fun and I love the kitties you got her! I don't understand the skittles and starbursts – we always had chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies, maybe some jellybeans but chocolate was the main attraction.
ReplyDeleteI meant to say I love the goodies you got her. :-)
Delete