Tuesday, August 30, 2016

An introduction to the Theatre!

This past weekend, Beanie and I joined another Mom and her daughter to see a puppet show in the big city.

This is the same little girl I referenced in this post. Her Mom moved her from Beanie's school to another daycare since the Mom works in the city and was not always able to pick her up before 5:30pm when Beanie's school closes. The new daycare stays open late so it works better for their family.

Anyway, that lady texted me a few weeks back asking if we were interested and very kindly offered to carpool. I am not too familiar with the city, especially parking around these venues, so I was happy to accept.

We decided to meet at their home, install the car seat in her SUV and head out. The show was at 3pm and she asked we meet at 12:45pm. I was puzzled since the city is about 40 min away, and that seemed a bit early.

That morning I decided to take Beanie out to lunch before we headed out. I plugged in the address and turns out they live 35 min from us!!  Ugh -- I had thought they were maybe 15 min away - in the next city, but they are on the farther side.  That changed our plans a bit so after an early lunch at 11:30am, we headed out.

They live in a new area so the address did not show on my GPS, but I had printed directions so we made our way there. Boy, it seemed like  along drive as we passed fields and farms and horses......finally we got there.

It was nice meeting up and after a bit we headed out. Turns out from their house the city is 1:30hrs away.....oh my!

It was a long drive, but enjoyable.

Beanie was so excited to see the show, and could hardly contain herself. The show was fun, interactive and short (45min). After that we drove to a popular ice cream place - there was a long line but we waited and enjoyed the treat.

By the time we got back to their house it was 6pm. Beanie and the little girl played a bit and we headed back home around 6:30pm...and got home by 7pm.

It was a REALLY long day for us both and after dinner we both crashed....but it was super fun. I have been waiting for Beanie to be old enough to enjoy shows and live theater and I am so excited that she loved it.

The next show in a few weeks is one I know Beanie will enjoy so I plan to take her again!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for committing to a long day and having a fun, enriching experience for both of you! As an introvert, it sounds pretty exhausting but sounds like it was worth it overall. I relate to being excited to share theatre with Beanie - I would feel the same way. I still remember the couple of musicals my parents took me too when I was little. I wish they'd taken me to more!

    ReplyDelete