Friday, February 26, 2016

Sidelined and Dance Class

I am sidelined with a shoulder injury :-(

Shocker - well not really, given I have bad posture when on the computer and sleep is not restful with a 3 year old kicking me all night long. I normally have neck/shoulder issues in general but this one seems pretty bad.

I did not do anything explicitly that may have caused it. It was 2 weeks go, I was working and went to get Beanie and my shoulder hurt and it went downhill from there. Maybe my poking it, rolling a ball against it, stretching etc made it worse?

From then on I have been on painkillers, increasing dose as time has gone by. I went to Immediate Care after about 5 days when my self medicating was not cutting it, They gave me Naproxen, which made me dizzy and nauseous. So I switched back to Ibuprofen and finally got to see a Dr last Thurs. She suggested a higher dose of Ibuprofen and physical therapy which I start next week.  Says I have a  shoulder strain which can take 4-6 weeks to heal.

Yikes!

I am really worried. The pain comes back when the meds wear out and I am worried this could be  along drawn out affair or worse something chronic.

One really begins to appreciate ones limbs more when one of them is not working so good. Its my left shoulder and arm, so at least I am able to do most things. But is sucks!!!!

The irony is that I bought myself a FitBit earlier and have been looking forward to getting back into an active lifestyle once it got warmer.

In better news, I am signing Beanie up for dance classes. We start next week on Tue from 6-7pm. She is going with a friend, whose Mom called me asking if I was planning on sending Beanie and her daughter would like to come too. I did all the research and we decided on this class. I have another Mom friend whose 3 year old may join as well. We are starting mid-session, but that is okay. At least i will get to see if B likes it or not.

I am so excited!!  It will be kiddie ballet and tap for 3 year old kids - how adorable is that! Beanie has been asking to dance since she was 2yrs but there were no classes for such young kids. She is very excited too!

Also, its funny but Beanie is so popular that Moms of both boys and girls in her school want to do stuff with us.  We did a soccer play date with one of the boys and Beanie had a blast. She runs so fast that even the boy's Dad who was there, remarked at how fast she was! His little boy could not even catch her - lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment