Beanie did very well at the sleepover at my parents place. As you recall I left her, cuddled in be with my Mom and her bottle and books. That was at about 8:15pm.
At 9:30pm my Mom called, I could hear Beanie in the background. She did not sleep - I knew it - lol!!
Anyways, it was a weekend and my parents were in no rush to sleep either so they kept her entertained until she finally slept close to 10pm! I think she was just over excited.
I had a nice night with my wine, watched a movie and slept for 8 1/2 hours, sprawled on my bed !!
The next day (Sat) I had planned to meet one of the Mom's from Beanie's school for a 2 hour women's self defense workshop. I woke at 8:30am, all panicked since I had to leave at 9:30am. I made it just in time and after the workshop went to lunch with that lady. I finally reached home at 2pm - quite guilty that I had been away from Beanie and that my parents had her for so long.
My Mom looked tired since apparently Beanie was very fidgety all night so kept her up. My Dad was out like a light so he had a good sleep.
After my Mom left, I played with Beanie and then we took a nap. That evening we were invited to a dinner party at a neighbors house. I told that lady that I would bring Beanie since I did not want my parents to take care of her again. This is the same family whose 15 year old daughter came in and played with/babysat Beanie at the end of summer for a week or so.
At that time Beanie enjoyed playing with her but kept wanting me around at all times, so it was not as much help as I had envisioned. Anyway the girl started school so that was an end to the afternoon baby-sitting but at least Beanie got introduced to her.
At fist Beanie did not want to go for the party but when I told her they had a swing set in their backyard she was all excited. She walked down to the house with me and made a bee line for the swings/slide. She played there with me for a long time. By then the other guests had arrived so I managed to convince Beanie to play with the 15 year old and her 12 year old sister.
Beanie did awesome!! I was so proud of her.
As soon as I left to go inside, she was totally cool playing with the 15 year old outside and later indoors. She played games, got stickers, helped her feed their cat, pet their cat, watched a carton for 10 min, visited the older girl's room, etc.
She ate her dinner very sweetly - a bread roll, carrots, sweet potato and some chicken that had been prepared by the hostess. Then Beanie continued to play while I ate and chatted. I think its the first time I actually had an evening where I could eat and interact with grown ups without interruption. I have to say, the 15 year old did a really phenomenal job keeping Beanie entertained all evening.
Later Beanie got a scoop of ice cream and happily said bye when the time came. She was shy with some of the guests but did not cry or cling to me. Progress!!
Overall a fun evening was had by all and I was so very proud of how well she behaved.
On Sunday we had a lazy morning and then went shopping to the G.ap since Beanie needed a fall wardrobe. I had a lot of reward dollars accumulated and a 40% off coupon, which by some miracle was in a place where I could find it. They also had a baby sale so many items were marked down already. I did great as usual - bought a bag of clothes for $3. In fact there were a couple of women in line whose jaws literally dropped when they overheard my transaction and were asking "how did she do that?!" Case in point, I bough a $30 sweatshirt and paid 83 cents - yay!
All in all it was a very nice weekend!
Glad the sleepover went well & you enjoyed the time alone. Sounds like a great weekend. What a score at G.ap!! Well done!
ReplyDelete