Friday, September 11, 2015

Beanie's First Sleepover

Tonight Beanie is spending the night at my parents!

To say I am giddy with excitement about this milestone is an understatement. If all goes well tonight we may be able to do this every couple of months - giving mommy some valuable "me" time!

Beanie has been wanting to sleep over for several months now, so this week we decided is the right time. She does not wake during the night so it will be manageable for my parents. Also with my having taken a couple of business trips, she is used to not having me home some nights.

After school today I took her for a treat - a small ice cream scoop!

She has been quite cooperative in the mornings and has not given me a hard time when leaving for school so I wanted to show my appreciation. We had a lovely time sitting outside and eating "ice". She wanted me to get some too - but I said "mommy does not eat ice cream" - which I don't -- so no temptation there at all.

Then later we "packed" her bag.

She was beside herself with excitement and reminded me to pack her night time diaper and "panty" for the morning. She took her puppy, blanket and musical seahorse. Also her 3 binkies and water bottle for the bedside. We packed her milk bottle for night and morning milk and her toothbrush.

She took about 8 books with her and a change of clothes for the morning.

We went over, played and had dinner. Then at about 8pm she tells my Mom that she is ready for "night night sleepy" . So she partly undresses herself and wears her PJ, chattering away with excitement.

I took that as my signal to leave.

I kissed her good night and told her to be good. She replied  "I will be good - Mommy".

As I left she was snuggled with my Mom, drinking milk and reading a book.

She has acquiesced to having my Dad sleep in bed too on the other side. Previously she said that only she and my Mom would sleep in the bed and he would have to sleep on the living room "cocha"  (couch /sofa)  -- poor guy!

So now I am home, running laundry, sipping wine and plan to watch a foreign film on Net.Flix.  Later I hope to spread out on my bed and sleep without being poked by tiny feet and elbows.

I have to admit it feels very strange home at night without Beanie!!!











5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute description of her reactions and excitement. Quite a milestone! I can imagine it does feel strange but hope you were able to enjoy your kid-free night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting for both you and Beanie. Sleepovers at Grandma have been great for my sanity. Plus my daughter really enjoys them. My mom shares a house with one of her sisters and her family so baby girl gets plenty of attention. She barely looks back when we leave. But I do agree with you that it feels strange not having her around at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a milestone! I hope it went well for all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great milestone & well deserved!! I'm glad it went so well

    ReplyDelete