I seem to start most posts with "wow - I cannot believe its been so long since I posted".
To be honest its not that I don't have topics to post. In fact I have posts buzzing in my head all day long. However, with summer here , Beanie has been sleeping rather late, around 9pm (sigh!).
As a result I only get done with dinner by 9:30pm and then I only have enough energy to scan blog posts, FB and get an hour of downtime by watching something on Net.Flix. The thought of using my brain to write something relevant is just too much work!
Things have been interesting on our side:
1. My job has been very busy. I got a new laptop from work which is great but it required a lot of time to move files and apps over. Plus the laptop touch pad is super sensitive so I find myself getting frustrated since it does things I don't want it to do! So, everything is taking twice as long to get done. I think I have most of my files and Fav URLs ported over now, and hopefully it should smooth out soon. I had another potential trip next week, this time to the MidWest but thankfully I can participate over the phone. I would have been okay with traveling there but I just don't think the meeting requires my physical presence.
2. Beanie has been having big tantrums off late when going to school in the AM. She thows her clothes and says " no school today". Will run off or scream and cry when I try to get her changed out of her pajamas. She gave my Mom a hard time too when I was on my trip in early Aug.
It was getting to a point where it was frustrating me and I dreaded every morning. I did some reading online and decided to reach out to her teacher to see if anything at school was worrying her. Basically whenever I asked Beanie why she did not want to go to school (this conversation is had later in the day where we are cuddling or relaxed) she says she "wants to stay with mama". She also mentioned she was bored in school.
I know she has fun (a) because my Mom teaches there part time (older kids class) and sees Beanie enjoying herself (b) the teachers are all known to me and I know they take extra care of Beanie (c) Beanie says she had fun in school when I pick her up. But still I wanted to make sure she was not being bullied or anything.
The discussion was good and I got a few good tips, like having Beanie pick her clothes the night before to make her feel she is in charge a bit. I also realized that there have been a lot of changes in her class - we came back after a 2 week school closure for summer break, her best friend was moved to the primary classroom, a new teacher joined, several new kids joined her toddler class and I started going on business trips. I think all that change and disruption was affecting her.
The odd thing is that after she is dressed she is usually fine, gets into the car with no problem and the whimpering starts only once we approach the school. Sometimes whimpering sometimes downright crying which makes me so sad :-( Nothing worse than saying "bye" to a crying child!!!
However, the past week went quite well. Beanie fussed a bit this morning as in saying "I don't want to go to school" but I have been able to get her dressed without any meltdowns (hers or mine!). I have also realize that she likes me to walk her into class rather than do carpool, so on days we wake late I don't rush her and take her in about 9am or before 8am if we wake up early. Lastly, I have accepted that I cannot begin my work until 10am so now I am not stressing to hurry out the door and I think that makes me calmer, too.
I am ready for the weekend!!
Hoping her phase will soon pass and she'll be back to sweetness and smiles once again.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to find the time to post, I know!
ReplyDeletePoor Beanie - I hope she gets back to loving to go to school again, soon.
Sounds like you found a routine that works better for Beanie - I admire that you took the time to research it with her teachers. My touch pad is giving me trouble too - did you know you can get a plug-in regular mouse? I'm thinking of doing that.
ReplyDelete