Friday, August 7, 2015

Back Home and Why?

This will be a short post.

I just got home this morning after taking a  red eye back from the West Coast - yep another business trip on the heels of the one I took four weeks ago. Just like last time I was on the West Coast for about 30 hrs and headed back, in order to minimize my time away from Beanie. This trip was a tranining session for the new company folks. Glad I went over there and did it in person. It is important to make myself visible as much as possible in these initial months after the merger.

Beanie did well with my parents, except that she got a cold last Sat which she passed on to me. I was a nervous wreck from last Sat to Wed when I had to leave - eating Vit C, Zi.cam, salt water gargles you name it!  Whatever I could do to keep myself able to travel, which I did although it was not fun since I was under the weather and by the end of day yesterday after 8 hrs of talking my voice was totally gone!

But I am back home, still feel lousy, in fact lousier since now my body can let go a bit and its all catching up including the fatigue.

In other news....

Since last week I am noticing that Beanie is suddenly asking the question "why"...a LOT!  I know its a normal phase but I thought it comes later not at 27 months, anyway we are now having to answer "why" to just about everything. Its amazing how a child's brain develops and they start asking questions to understand things better.

That is it for now....time to turn in!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better!! I got lots of "why"s too and still do. It makes youi think about things you have taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. My friend's son is going through the "why" phase. It's cute but it can also get tiring to always come up with an explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that once the "whys" wane, they're replaced by the "but what ifs..." It's never ending! :)

    ReplyDelete