Thursday, February 5, 2015

Updates

So on the car front....

After the adjuster sent me the valuation last week, I responded with links to similar cars priced higher and list of all the work I had done on the car, including, new tires etc. Never heard back so finally called him today. Then he responded with a song and dance about why they cannot use the cars I had provided and then telling me my car rental will end on Tue!!!

What???

I was really pissed off. This guy has been dragging his feet in getting back to me, taking a week between communications and now trying to force me in a corner by cutting off the rental.  I asked again for the comps they had looked at and guess what - miraculously the 6 page Evaluation Report he sent me 2 weeks ago, is now 20 pages!!!!

I emailed him back saying I do not want to go back and forth in email and that he needs to call me tomorrow. If I don't hear back from him by 10am I am calling his manager! 

My main points of conversation will be that they are showing bad faith by not giving me information I asked for up front (e.g. the full evaluation report), not giving me any timeline initially about how long the rental would be allowed so I could plan around it, not being responsive in getting back to me and now giving me 3 working days to cut off the rental.

He did say that they would add some of the work I had done to the car to the valuation so it may go up a bit....but I doubt it will go up anywhere close to where I want it!

Wish me luck!  

In other news.....we had layoffs in our company today :-(

Seven people got laid off which is shocking given we are only abut 30 people in total.

Luckily I was not on the list. But it will be crazy going forward with so few of us left to handle the work.

Just grateful tonight that I still have a job (for now)!!






4 comments:

  1. This is so not what you need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your car! and layoffs are no fun. But at least you still have your job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very behind in blog reading...they've been laying off people left & right here at my work too & it's so scary. I hope the adjuster was more reasonable when you spoke

    ReplyDelete