Well sorta...
It started with me taking Beanie to the doctor's since she has a bad cough and running a fever for two days. They normally say to wait at least 3 days before bringing them in, but given it was the weekend I figured I would take her in. Its not strep or flu, just a nasty cold virus.
Poor baby - neither she nor I have gotten much sleep the last couple of nights :-(
In better news, I got myself a car this evening!
Its still at the dealership since I had not planned on buying anything today as they did not have the trim I wanted. We had just gone over to go over the numbers, but the GM who knows my Dad well (since he has got a couple of cars from that dealership) gave me a deal I could not refuse.
I had wanted a silver car with black leather interior, to match my old car, but have got myself a white with an ivory leather trim. I have been admiring white car off late, but most come with ivory interior and I have always thought ivory interior was "old persons look" and did not think it looked plush. But this car is actually really nice. Its a six cylinder car which I wanted and am getting it for less than a four cylinder car!!
It is not the luxury brand I used to drive and have driven for almost 18 years. That brand has come out with a new model which I drove and liked but its a LOT pricier (obviously) and a tad smaller in size too. I also read about some issues and recalls with the new model so I was not comfortable getting one and having to deal with issues, even if they are covered under warranty.
This car is the top of the line of the main brand, so other than the logo, it has all the bells and whistles of the luxury brand at about 15K less. As a single Mom, I need to be mindful of my spending and I feel I have a got a good deal and still have the features that I was used to with my old car.
Reg. the old car settlement, I was able to get the insurance company to extend my car rental an additional three days (so about $75 worth) and they added about $300 to the valuation. It is still about $1000-$1500 away from where I would like it to be, but now my only option is to either engage a lawyer - which no lawyer is interested in such cases unless there is bodily injury involved. Or I could go back to my insurance company and pursue the claim through them. That would mean back to square one with the adjuster having to go see the car, get an evaluation, go back and forth again, etc.
Not sure if its worth it in terms of my time and stress.
I did leave a message with my adjuster to call me - he has not - so I will follow up on Monday and at least have a chat with him. But looks like I will accept the terms with the other company and close that unfortunate chapter!
I still miss my old car a lot - but time to move on!
I'm glad to hear that you got yourself a new car, even if you still miss your old car. I'm sure in times, it will get better.
ReplyDeleteI hope Beanie feels better soon and gets rid of that virus soon.
We still haven't decided which car/suv to go with. I know we'll eventually have to choose as our small suv is a 2004 and probably won't last much longer. I had thought we were settled on a M350 but DH decided he didn't like it after all. Email with what you decided on and why if you would as I'm really curious.
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about the car. Is the rental at least extended until you get the new car. I recall it taking a week to get one of my past cars. The insurance should at least cover that.
ReplyDeleteHope B feels better soon. Yeah for the great car deal!! I'm sure you'll be making many wonderful memories with it.
ReplyDelete