We have regressed when it comes to Beanie using a sippy cup for milk. The initial transition had been quite painless, much to my surprise, but we are now back to square one.
The past month Beanie has been on/off sick with all the viruses that have circulated through her pre-school. Plus she has been cutting her canines, so last week she pretty much lost her appetite and was hardly drinking anything. In an effort to get some liquid down her I resorted to bottles, and now she throws a fit each time I even try. Anyway, from tomorrow I will go back to sippy cup for daytime milk and bottles only at nighttime.
Which brings me to another interesting observation -- after her self-imposed food/drink fast, she is now guzzling milk like there is no tomorrow. She wakes twice at night and insist upon a bottle. We gave up on the midnight feed MONTHS ago - sigh!
Maybe its a phase and we will go back to one early AM bottle again.
In other news its been a crazy week.
There is a wicked tummy bug going around Beanie's daycare and the community. I got sick with it earlier earlier this week which was horrible. I also finally got Beanie's cold, so it was a double whammy :-(
Of course the day I got sick is when the painters started working on the house. Needless to say, its been stressful being sick, getting work done on the house, my office work and taking care of Beanie. My Mom spent a couple of nights with me while I was in the thick of the tummy virus - so that was nice, however when my Mom is here Beanie wants to stick to her like glue, which makes it difficult to get her dressed or do anything.
On Friday when I took Beanie to school I was informed that only 6 kids has showed up, 6 had called in sick with the tummy big and other parents decided to not drop their kids off. I brought Beanie back home and had my Mom look after her.
Today it seems that she may have caught the bug since her tummy is not too good. Luckily I am mostly recovered other than a bad cough.
And today I took a fall while carrying Beanie. It was outside and I was walking on an inclined part of the lawn wanting to show my Dad something about the house. I fell on the grass and landed heavily on my left elbow and hip. I managed to twist Beanie away so she did not impact the ground at all. I will be bruised but nothing serious. Beanie was fine but got a bit of a scare.
She is rather traumatized with the "guys" and the work they are doing. I have not been parking my car n the garage, there are vans outside and ladders and strange men wandering around. The windows were blocked with plastic for a day or so while they painted, plus she had my Mom stay over and my parents picked her up from school one day, so its been a very disruptive week in terms of our normal schedule. At night she wakes up saying "guys all gone"....poor thing! Today they were replacing the railings in the front porch so there was banging etc - she was not happy. Actually now that I think about it all this extra night wakings wanting milk started just when the paint work started so maybe that is what is causing her want that extra comfort of milk at night.
We did get a chance to go to a local Fall Festival in the afternoon, where she got a balloon animal and played around, so that was fun for her.
Overall, been a really tough month, but I am hoping we can get back to our routines
Poor Beanie and poor you! I hope that as you both get to settle back into your routines that Beanie will be able to give up the night-time feeding and that she goes back to her sippie cups without a problem. I hope that you both get healthy soon. I am also very glad you did not do serious damage with your fall.
ReplyDeleteTough month indeed!! Hope you're all back to regular schedules & healths soon.
ReplyDeleteYuk, I hope you guys are feeling better soon.
ReplyDelete