Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. Hope you enjoyed the day with your special ones.
To my blogging friends who are waiting for their miracles, continue to believe. Its a hard road we travel and this day can be difficult for many, I will just send you my best wishes and hugs.
Today I held Beanie a bit closer and kissed her a lot more and thanked the universe for bringing me this joy. I am so grateful, each and every day, for having her in my life.
Some of you have commented how I take a lot of the hard mothering stuff in stride....its easy when you come so close to never having this dream. It changes one's perspective and makes every moment special -- yes, even the sleep deprived, toddler meltdown moments - and not a day passes when I don't feel appreciative of what I have been given.
Today was a lovely day.
Beanie and I hung out in the morning, although I have to admit I was a bit stressed about her morning nap. We had a reservation for brunch at 1pm which meant she had to sleep by 11am, and Beanie as you all know is not the best napper. Sigh - she finally fell asleep at 11:30am, and I had to wake her from a deep sleep at 12:20 pm so I could get her dressed and we could leave.
She woke up in a great mood, got ready without fuss and obliged us with pictures, though of course she looked everywhere expect at the camera :-)
I had bough my Mom a dozen roses, and Beanie had a gift for me from daycare. My Mom sweetly got me a gift from Beanie's side - a card and a stuffed donkey (think he is Eeyore?). I love donkeys! Beanie jumped on it and hugged it and took it to lunch.
Lunch was great. Beanie was a champ!!
She sat sweetly and ate bread and some home made cupcake. She spat out the carrots I had taken and only had a few apple pieces much to the other diner's amusement who were watching! Because she is now feeding herself, I was actually able to chew my food - yippee!! She only got antsy right at the end so my Mom took her for a wander around the restaurant.
We came home and we played all afternoon. I did try to put her down for a nap later around 4pm, but she just goofed around in bed so we cuddled and laughed and I tickled her.
She is asleep now which gives me some time to blog. Hope you all had a wonderful day!
Happy Mother's Day!! Your day with Beanie and your Mom sounds lovely. That's great you can take her to a restaurant. Glad you got recognition for being Beanie's mom. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's day...I am right with you of the appreciation, even in the hard moments. I always say I'd rather be dealing with a tantrum than the sadness I had before having E.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a lovely day with Beanie! You still have so many more beautiful moments to share with her!
ReplyDelete