Thursday, May 29, 2014

14 Months +

Yes, here I am posting another monthly update :-)  I am a few days late posting since Beanie turned 14 months on Monday, but its been busy!

This past month the biggest changes I have seen in her are that she is getting very comfortable with her body and movement. By that I mean that having mastered walking, she now does funny things like spinning, or running in circles, or bending and sticking her bum out. Just random things which tell me that she realizes she has control over all her body parts and is having fun with it. In turn my parents and I are usually just laughing seeing her antics!

She is super smart and she knows so much. She can point to body parts, doors, windows, chairs, toys by name, books by name, cats and dogs and birds. She loves imitating me, so if she sees me wiping a counter wants to do it too. The best way to keep her busy for 10 minutes is to drop some "dirty" on the floor (eg a pinch of flour) and have her wipe it. She is really very VERY thorough!!!

In fact, she is so smart that she  is a bit controlling!. My Mom and I were laughing the other day because the moment she sits in the high chair, for example, she points to turn the light on, points to her tray, etc. Everything has to be just right!

She is definitely becoming a toddler so now much more assertive at home. She suddenly does not like baths, not sure why,  in addition to diaper changes. Sigh! So that is definitely challenging.

She loves dancing and has the funniest moves ever!  She likes books and turning pages.

Food wise she is doing well and eating more things. In school she eats very well, at home after about 10 minutes she starts playing with her food. Basically flicking it off the plate, so then I have to hand feed her one morsel  at a time so I don't have a giant mess on my hands. Finally I give up, get her off her high chair and just leave the plate on a low table and she eats it. I think its just about being independent and doing it in her own time. Very much like me as a kid!

She is super sweet and loving. Sometimes she will just come up while playing and lay her head on my lap. She has the sweetest smile in the world!  Yesterday when she woke from sleep she gave me the most brilliant smile...seeing her next to me, with her little tousled head, all warm and cozy in her jammies just made my day!

When I pick her up from school, as soon as she sees me she gives a big smile and gets me either a toy or book to look at, babbling excitedly. I enjoy spending a few minutes sitting on the bench near the door, just cuddling her as I admire what she has brought to show me.

My fav time of the day is late evening after she has had dinner and we play and have fun before its time for her "nite nite" bottle.

This weekend I bought her some hair clips. I put one on her and suddenly she was this little girl....where did my baby go????

Love you to bits, Beanie!


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how quickly it seems she's growing up! She sounds like such a joy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty neat! 14 months? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post just exudes how much you're loving motherhood. Love hearing what a sweet little girl your daughter is becoming

    ReplyDelete