We have had a fun weekend, although it started with a Mommy Fail :-(
On Monday, I was informed by Beanie's teacher that they were having an Easter egg hunt and party on Friday and to bring some Easter eggs filled with cheerios or puffs. I made sure I purchased the eggs, diligently washed and dried them, filled them with puffs and even remembered to take them on Friday.
All that was great.
When I dropped her on Friday morning, her teacher said that the party was at 2pm, and I said "okay good I will pick her up at 3pm" - which is my usual time.
At 2pm, I was on a conference call and decided to log into Beanie's classroom online to see how the party was going. They were going to offer her a cupcake.
I saw the three teachers putting out the eggs and getting set up.
Then before I know it I see parents streaming into the classroom!
WTH????
They never told me that parents could come!
So there I am on a call, unable to leave, watching all these parents with the kids doing an egg hunt and taking pictures and poor Beanie sitting in one side all alone :-(
I felt so HORRIBLE!
She did not even budge, just sat watching everyone :-( One teacher was taking pictures but the others did not go to her which annoyed me.
One Mom, whose boy is a bit older and quite a prolific walker, was sitting near Beanie. I bet she felt bad to see Beanie just siting there pathetically. I saw her hold out an egg and give it to Beanie, who took it but then gave it right back. After a minute or two of trying to engage her the lady gave up....but it was sweet that she tried.
Poor Beanie, I felt so awful that I could not be there. They should have made it clear that parents are invited, although even if the teacher had told me in the morning, my workday was already scheduled but at least my parents could have gone.
When I went to pick her up I mentioned to the two teachers, the main one had already gone home. They apologized but said that parents are always welcome to come if there are such activities.
Um, really might be nice if THAT had been communicated!
The daycare is terrible at communicating. A few weeks ago they had picture day and forgot to say anything. Apparently, one of them was supposed to send a flyer but did not, although it was apparently posted on the door which I never saw. Luckily it was all week so we got it done but they really need to sharpen their communication process. They do send a weekly newsletter via email, but this type of stuff is not in it, just what they did with the kids and plans for next week's academic activities. I should bring this up with the Director!
Despite Friday's failure, we ended up having a good weekend. On Sat, which was a rainy day, I went for yoga and after lunch and a nap, Beanie and I went shopping to Ro.ss and Bed.Bath and to the pet store to see the animalss which she really enjoyed. Later we went over to my parents and Beanie had a blast exploring their place, while walking.
Today, my parents came over and we did a n Easter egg hunt in the house and took pictures and had lunch out in the patio. Beanie enjoyed sitting in her high chair outside and watching the birds. She got lots of presents, including a small watering can to help my Dad water his plants.
![]() |
| Playing with my new watering can! |
All in all it was a fun weekend!

They really do not do a good job communicating at that Day Care. At the Day Care at my old school, if a parent couldn't come to one of these events, workers (and student helpers- yes, I know a luxury most places do not have) would help/ carry/ play with the child. I'm glad that the rest of the weekend went really well. By the way, I don't think this really qualifies as a mommy fail.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Nell, this was a daycare fail, not a mommy fail. I'm mad at the daycare! But I'm glad you got to enjoy your weekend. I can't believe how fast Beanie is growing.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that it was not a mommy fail at all. The daycare sounds like they really need to start communicating better. These are the types of things that should be in the newsletter. Or at least send flyers home with the kids. The good news is that Beanie will have no idea what happened. :-) I'm glad the rest of the weekend went so well. She's adorable in her little dress.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely not a mommy fail! That must have killed you to watch! I was feeling very left out & out of touch with E's preschool for the 1st 2-3 months she was there until I found out I wasn't on their email distribution list & ALL their communications are sent via email!! Once that was sorted out, it's been am amazing experience!
ReplyDeleteGlad the rest of the weekend went so much better!
People who don't communicate well really don't get why it's important and courteous. It's not that hard. I'm feeling awful thinking of how awful you felt. Glad you had a good weekend though. Really cute picture too.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wanted to mention the pet store. For years that's the only place my niece wanted to go. She just loved it there. She's studying to be a vet tech right now so you may have an animal lover on your hands.
I'm sorry this happened and they failed to communicate clearly. It doesn't sound like she was upset, though it would have been nice for a ad are worker to engage her. Sounds like you did lots of other fun things to more than make up for missing some of the fun on that one. Such a cute pic with her watering can. :-)
ReplyDelete"A daycare worker"
Delete國外24小時直播真人秀
ReplyDelete同城寂寞異性男女交友
一對一私聊福利
免費聊天同城交友約炮
唐人社區午夜美女直播
同城炮床友qq號
尺度大的直播app有哪些
約砲聊天室
夜間寂寞裸聊聊天室
真人午夜裸聊直播間