Friday, January 10, 2025

Snow!!

 2025 started with a snow day!\

We got close to 4 inches of snow today which is the most I have ever seen around here. It was really pretty.

S's school was cancelled and she had a blast playing in the snow with our neighbor's kids, building a snowman and sledding down the road. 

We are ill equipped as far as snow clothing goes, so she had to keep coming inside every 45 min or so, to swap out her soaking gloves and leggings. The dryer was busy all morning - drying hats, gloves, socks and leggings, only to have to repeat again. I think I ran it 3-4 times.

Maybe I need to invest in some waterproof gloves and pants. Now that S is 5ft 5 inches I can buy a women's size and it should fit her for a while. In the past it was not worth it given we only get snow every 2-3 years and most times its just a dusting.

Tomorrow we expect it to all ice over. No going anywhere, forced dat indoors which sounds lovely to me. After all the holiday crazy, it will be nice to stay in. I will work on sending out resumes and S can finally help take down our X'Mas tree.

Note: My heart has been heavy the last few days watching the awful news and I feel sad for all folks in CA suffering from the awful fires. My friend's son's school was damaged. I cannot imagine losing ones homes and communities like that. So, very heartbreaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment