Thursday, February 15, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

 Happy Valentine's Day!

S and I had a lovely day, starting with an exchange of gifts when we woke up. I gave her candy, a card, a stuffed toy and a balloon. She gave me a hand made card.

I decided to surprise her by meeting her for lunch in school. She was so happy to see me ! 

She had a great day in school. They did a gift exchange with the class towards the end of the school day Earlier in the month, her teacher came up with the idea of having the kids pick names out of a bowl each day and write a note to that person anonymously.  Everyone got to write something for each child. When S came home, we read her notes. Almost all of them said that she was "so nice".  That warmed my heart. 

As an extra surprise, after I picked her up at the bus stop, we did a quick drive though at Wendy's and bought a snack.

Later in the evening, we went to the pet store to get snacks for our cat, Lily. On the way home, we met our neighbor who had a bunch of kid books they were wanting to donate.  S went over to go though the books, while I prepared a nice dinner of grilled chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and roasted veggies.

We set the table and had a delicious meal and talked. I drank a small glass of spaerkling wine and she had apple juice. 

It was lovely.

Later S made brownies from scratch and served us both. We ate and played board games.

At the end of the evening, S said it was the best Valentine's Day. 

 So sweet!  

I love that she is still young enough to enjoy the simple things in life and she makes me slow down to enjoy them with her.






No comments:

Post a Comment