Wishing you all a healthy and happy New Year!
We have had a nice break.
To be honest, I find the entire holiday season, from Thanksgiving to New Years Day, very stressful. The actual days are fun but the build up to Chrstmas in particular is crazy. Working, while trying to get gifts for teachers, school friends, and later family, neighbors, postman and other service folks. Decorating and then taking down the indoor/outdoor decorations and also trying to fit in some fun activities, such as pics with Santa, and our other annual Christmas traditions.
This year it was crazier than normal since we lost three weekends between TG and Xmas due to my flu and S's cold. That set us back pretty badly in terms of time. Thankfully, I had taken the Thurs and Fri before XMas off. So those 2 days and the weekend were spent in a frenzy of buying, packing, delivering gifts, etc.
I am so glad the season is over and some calmess can finally previal.
Amidst all this craziness in December, I also did a bunch of home projects.
- I replaced the white microwave and gas range with stainless steel appliaces. I had remodelled the kitchen 7 years ago and had swapped out the fridge and dishwasher, but had yet to replace the microwave and gas range. I fnally made the decision to get the other two items replaced. I spent a few months choosing the exact make/model and the bid my time waiting for the holiday sales. Got a good deal on both. The kitchen looks complete now.
- I also replaced all lighting in the house. I had the 1990's builder grade golden chandeliers which I always wanted to replace with the sleek chrome fans and light fixtures, but never found the time. In Dec I began looking for fixtures and as soon as they came on sale purchased them. My sister recommended her handyman who is very reasonable priced he got the jobs done. The place looks so nice now.
- I also finally made the switch to ATT fiber. I had been postponing that decision for a year since they installed fiber in our neighbourhood Then I got a letter from ATT saying they would not support the old internet after Jan 6th. So, on Dec 7 I had them come and convert me. It took the guy almost 6 hrs, but he got it done.
- Later came to find out that when ATT did the fiber install they killed my ADT service. So last week I had to pay for an ADT tech to come out and fix the issue.
- Then last Friday my garage door cables came undone so the garage will not open. Thankfully we were coming home so the car was outside and has been parke in the driveway the past few days. The technician will come on Wed and hopefully resolve the issue!
I still have two small projects to finish out the main floor - redo the half bath and replace the linouleum in the laundry room with tile. Its something I have wanted to do for several years but just never got to it. The same handyman can do them both. Hope to get those done in Q1.
Its back to work for me tomorrow and S goes to school on Wed. Last year I got confused and thought it was reopeneing on Thurs, so she ended up havng an unexcused absence -- oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment