Friday, September 1, 2023

Summer recap

 It feels like summer flew by in a blink of the eye. We were super busy, below is a bullet post.

May:
- Early May was busy with Milestone testing for S
- We did a ton of yard work as well. Prepping flower beds, purchasing and plantings flowers in afore mentioned beds, laying out mulch. Buying MORE plants and flowers!! 
- We also laid sod around the tree in the front yard since it was looking bare. The tree seems to suck up all the water and nutrients.
- We also laid sod in the back where we had a bare spot. I could have had my yard guy do it but decided to save some $.
- I did have my yard guy limber up our front tree so the grass could get some sun and rain water.
- There were lots of end of school year activiities, including Chorus concert and end-of-year party.
- Mid month, I got some awful resptory virus that had me coughing and hacking gunk. It was not COVID, nor flu, but something else which went on for a while. Finally had to get on steroids to clear out the congestion.
-Then just as I was recovering I gave it to S :-( so she was down with it a few days.
- We ended May with S's first ever horse show. She did amazing and won a Champion ribbon for best scrores in her league!

June:
- We did a lot of DIY paint jobs. I had the house power washed and we decided to paint our front porch. It gets mildew due to all the heat and wet weather. I had it professionally painted last year but it was looking bad. The power wash did wonders but I decided that we could easily paint it ourselves. We did a coat of a mildew resistant primer - took 2 hrs only. A few days later we followed it up with paint. I had got a quote of $600, but we got it done in <$60 since we bough the brushes etc at the dollar store.
- We also repainted the railings and steps of the back deck and added solar deck lighting. 
- I spray painted the table we have on the back deck. I had done the chairs last year but never got to doing the table. It looks great, and I was happy to reuse and not simply trash it.
- S and I saw the Little Mermaid stage show at our local theatre. We are lucky to have a small local theatre that puts up phenomenal shows. We love going there and its our special time together.

July:
This was en even busier month!
- We went to my sister's lake house for 3-4th of July which was fun. We drove home on 4th evening and then went to our city celebrations. It was awesome. Our neightbors got a great spot and the fireworks were literally over our heads. We lay back on our blanket and were mesmerized!!
- I had several Dr appts - mammogram, eye  appt, and a routine colonscopy (!).
- July 8th we went to see Wicked in the city. We took an Uber, got luch at a nice Greek Restaurant and saw the afternoon show. We both enjoyed it immensely. It was a lovely Mama and Sabi date.
- End of July we went on a short trip to Leesburg VA to meet my Dad's older sister who is now 95 years old. I really wanted to meet her while she is still relatively healthy. It was a really nice trip and we got to spend time with her and my cousin and her husband.
- The second day of our visit I took S to DC by train. It was super convienient - 1:15hr hour train ride. We got off at the Smithsonion stop and walked around the National Mall. We then took an Old Town Trolley tour, The weather was very nice, not too hot, which was great.

...and before we knew it it was Meet the Teacher and back to school on Aug 4th!






No comments:

Post a Comment