Saturday, March 26, 2022

Nine!

Happy 9th birthday, sweet Beanie! 

Last of the single digit birthdays -- how time flies. 

Wishing you a fabulous day and celebration filled with laughter, fun, presents and of course cake!

And as I do every year I want to give an update on my sweet girl.

Beanie is a smart, sweet, kind, generous, fun loving girl. She loves the outdoors and playing with her friends after school. I love that she always prefers outside time to scree time.

She has lots of friends - from older kids (11-12year old), to little ones, like the 3 year old who lives across the street and adores her. 

She is doing great in school. There has been a lot of drama this year with school buddies, but I think that is part of getting older and kids in general getting meaner. Beanie does not have a mean bone in her body. She is very inclusive and feels deeply for other kids. One of her besties seems to have become super bossy this year and orders Beanie and her other friend around. But Beanie has been standing up for herself and her other friend. I am so proud to see her get more assertive and be able to say politely when she feels she is being bossed around.  

On a side note, the other day, I was laughing and telling my Mom, that given Beane's  (1) penchant for arguing (sigh!) and (2)  standing up for others, maybe Beanie will grow up to be a Human Rights Attorney! 

The other developmental thing I have noticed this past year is that Beanie is getting much more adventurous with food. As I tell her "your taste buds are growing too". She has been happy to sample different foods, such as home made turkey meatballs and tzatziki sauce, different veggie/lentil soups, chicken tortilla soup, fajitas, etc. Previously she would stick to her favorites it now she is branching out, which is great. She still LOVES her fruits and veggies!

Another milestone - washing her own hair (under my supervision). Now that she has cut her hair its the perfect time to get her used to washing it herself! She us doing a good job.

She is very fond of horses and its all about horses and cats all day long. She is very athletic - loves running around, dancing, swimming, and recently is interested  basketball. I am looking at some camps for the summer and restarting swim lessons after the 2 year hiatus due to COVID.

Her school work is going great. She s reading a grade level higher and her math is a full grade ahead as well. 

We are planning a BIG party this year since she hade had no celebration for two years -- March  2020 we were in the midst of the lockdown, and last year we had a small backyard cake/drinks with some neighborhood kids but nothing grand.

This year we have invited a big group of her best pals (15 kids!) to a bowling alley from 12:40-2:40 pm with pizza, drink, cake, etc fr kids and parents. It should be super fun. 

Then at night, we will have a dinner with family - my sister will come over and my Mom will spend the night with us and we will watch Encato on DVD.

On Friday, I sent $20 to school so she could treat all her fiends to ice cream from the cafeteria after lunch.

Happy of happiest birthday, my sweet Sabrina!






No comments:

Post a Comment