Sunday, February 14, 2021

Ups and Downs

The Up's...

Happy Valentime's Day! Its been a nice day.  For a change, I kept my day free to play with Beanie - no housework, laundry, etc. 

We spend the morning playing with marble run, went outside for a bit. Unfortunately, it is cold and rainy all weekend, but we stretched our legs a bit :-(  We went and met my Mom for a bit and got lunch from Ar.by's. In the afternoon we had a tea party -- with hats, desserts and tiny cucumber sandwiches. The evening is being spent watching movies.

In other good news...Coral, our cat, is still with us. 

I really thought she would need to be put down mid-last week. But on Monday the vet called to check on her and since she had still not eaten in a week, we decided to try a final thing - a steroid shot. The vet warned me it could help or send her further downhill. 

I decided to try....and it worked!  

She started eating that evening, and has not stopped. She is on oral prednisolone twice a day - its making her a bottomless pit which makes me SO happy since she had lots so much weight and is putting it back on.  I know the steroid may not be a cure but its perked her up and she is actually acting normal. I am hopeful that by eating good nutritious food her bloodwork will improve. Fingers crossed.

On the downside...

My boss was fired on Tue for not meeting the goals of the business unit in terms of new product introduction. It was very shocking. I have worked with him for 8+ years.....he was a great boss, but overly optimistic and promised things that the engineering team could not deliver. I still think it was unfair to fire him since since Engineering does not report directly to him, so there was some limitation for him to guide their schedule.  Our business unit has Expenses > Revenue which is not a good place to be.

I am praying they don't let us all go...ugh.


1 comment: