Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Stressed

This is a vent post.

Everything is struggle these days.

Things that should be simple ad maybe take 10 minutes of my time are days long endeavours. Its exhausting and I can feel them taking a toll on my body and mind.

1. I got a text 3 weeks ago as a reminder that Beanie's epipen was due for a refill. I called the company and they told me I had a refill on it and it would arrive the next day. I was frankly quite shocked since, if you recall, last year they gave me a big run-around. So, that was a Thurs with delivery due on Friday. Later on Thurs I get a call saying, sorry we missed the shipment deadline, so now it will be delivered on Wed (last week). I said okay.
Wed came and went. I was busy and its only late wed night I realized the medicine was supposed to have been delivered. So, on Thurs I call l them back. They tell me they needed a new prescription since the refill was with a pharmacy that was no longer in-network and and were waiting to hear back from the Dr with a new prescription. I was annoyed since they should have told me all this on Mon, not waited for ME to call THEM.  Later I called them back and insisted that they need to move the existing refill over. The gal agreed to do so. Next day I call back and they say yes its all done, you will get it this Wed (tomorrow).
Knowing them, I called on Mon and they said, oh yes its being filled (!) WTF. Then they said it will still arrive on Wed.
Today I call them back and they and they said we have escalated and yes we will call you back in 2 hours with a tracking# for tomorrow, which they did not do. I am not holding my breath that it will arrive tomorrow,
 As you can see, its taking SO MUCH of my time. Daily calls...for 10+ days now!!
Luckily, Beanie's existing pens do not expire until Jan 20 so I have LOTS of time to get new ones. But seriously, its beyond ridiculous that I have to jump through the hoops with this company EVERY YEAR. Its not EpiPen, its a different product.

2. I am participating in my company's wellness program. I  met all the criteria - eg getting my annual physical, 2 preventative appts, non smoker ete - which in total earned me $700 . I noticed that even though I was eligible for the entire sum in June I had not gotten it. So since July I have been back and forth with my HR folks trying to get it done. Every time I would get a new person or the person would leave the company. Finally about a month ago I got a girl who saw it through. They put it in my account last week. Geez!! Agan, this is something that should be automatic and simple but became into a whole ordeal.

3. For the above wellness program, we can also earn dollars to spend/shop on the website. Last week I purchased an Amazon e-certificate, and only realized today that I still had not received it. I looked  at my order, it was in PENDED state, no clue what that means. So yet another simple activity will now need to be tracked and managed with calls and emails

4. My kitchen faucet started dripping on Fir night, so I had to deal with that whole fiasco. I don't even want to go into it. But it got resolved yesterday.

Its been tiring and exhausting trying to manage and remember to follow-up on all this stuff. Its specially annoying since the first three items should have never even been an issue.

In addition to all this there is the never-ending school stuff. Every week its something or other they need, or want signed, or sent in, or ordered, or kids dressed in some specific clothing (eg RED shirts or hats).

Work too has been very busy. Today I worked from 7am to 7pm literally! Even now at 8:30pm I can hear my email dinging away. My East Coast customers and colleagues start at 8am and my West Coast colleagues and customers are very much at work at 8pm ET, so it can be a really really long day!

I am so tired and cranky! I feel like I am chasing my tail, and not getting anything accomplished.




1 comment:

  1. I’m sorry that you’re experiencing a barrage of incompetence and annoying customer service stuff and red tape. The set up with your customers and the time differences sounds rough. Sending you energy and good thoughts and hope things get a little better. Does the holiday season make you feel excited? I’m starting to feel the turning into the holidays and feeling some excitement about it

    ReplyDelete