Saturday, January 26, 2019

Lost first Tooth!

Beanie lost her first tooth today!

She has been waiting for this day since she was four!

Last Spring, when she turned five, she asked the dentist when her teeth would fall. They took x-rays and her teeth were way down, so the dentist told her she would be close to six.

In fall, during her next appt, the dental assistant called and showed me her teeth were moving. Interestingly the night before Beanie was saying her front teeth hurt.

So its taken about 3 months, getting looser and looser, with the big tooth cutting behind it.

This afternoon it was practically hanging by a thread, but we waited. Later, she was eating a sandwich and put it down, goes upstairs to get something and comes down screeching with excitement that her tooth had fallen.

It was bleeding a bit so I gave her a Kleenex and we started the frantic search for the tooth which was MIA.

I kept asking her if she ate it (lol)...but she said no.

I saw a white speck on the floor near the kitchen, but it was tiny so did not pay any attention. Then a few turns later, I stooped over to touch it thinking it was a lint or something...

...it was the tooth!

OMG.....it is tiny. Like a grain of rice.

My Mom was telling me earlier that when it falls out, I will be surprised how tiny it is.

So the tooth was found and is now in a small bag, under her pillow, ready for the tooth fairy.

I have no clue how much $ to leave.

UPDATE:  I ended up leaving her $5, in one dollar bills. I also made up a story that since the fisrt tooth is special the tooth fairy leaves it under the Mummy's pillow. That was she knows I have it for memory.





1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! Congratulations to you both! 😊 that’s a clever story to be able to keep it, too.
    I wanted to share, since I didn’t get a chance to leave a comment on your last post, that I definitely understand why you feel angry, and I would feel angry too. I have some of that looking back on my mom‘s illness, but it’s different when you’re so close to someone like you were with your dad. Im thinking hindsight is 20/20, but we do the best we can at the time. Seems like the doctor was ignorant. Sending lots of care.

    ReplyDelete