Sunday, January 7, 2018

Resolutions

I have mixed feelings about resolutions. On one hand, its good to have some objectives or goals, but on the other hand I feel resolutions tend to fail (for me anyway) so I feel I am just setting myself up for failure.

But regardless, these are my resolutions:

1. Self Care:
I really need to make my own health and well being a priority in 2018. I am no good to anyone, least of all Beanie, if I am tired, worn-out and stressed. Towards that end these are the specific things I need to do:
(a) Sleep more: This is essential. I notice how much better I feel with a good night's sleep. While I cannot control the quality of sleep, I can at least ensure I get enough quantity. I plan to adhere to a strict light out policy for weekdays.
(b) Drink more water
(c) Eat more fruit!  Its crazy we have so much fruit in the house for Beanie and I rarely get to eat any. Reason is I like eating fruit after dinner but that is when I am most rushed, trying to clear the dinner dishes, make Beanie's lunch etc. I cut fruit for Beanie at dinner, so I just need to cut some for myself and munch it while I do the clean-up. Or better yet, eat fruit with breakfast and as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
(d) Exercise more:  I was doing a really good job of it Sept-Nov, lost about 8-10 lbs,  but the cold and sickness set me back. I hope to get back to it soon.
(f) Meditate: Just some simple meditation daily,  I think would be a good start and help with stress.

2. Connect with Friends
It was my resolution for 2017 but never happened. I would like to connect with old school and University friends again. By connect, I mean talk on the phone, as opposed to just liking stuff on FB as I tend to do

3. Blog More
This blog is a window into our life. I enjoy going back and reading old entries, and I want to have that history available to me.

4. Be a better Mom
Most importantly, be the best Mom to Beanie. Its hard sometimes when one is tired and stressed and patience is in short supply, but I want to continue to work hard at being a better Mom. To be present for her and patient.

This year I will do a 3 month check in to see how I am doing on these.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. I like your resolutions! Idea from Jack Canfield: I made "goal cards" from my resolutions with the intention to look at the cards before bed or in the morning to stay focused. A goal would be a little more specific like your idea to cut up fruit and eat while making dinner. Then I can create new goal cards as I complete the old ones.

    ReplyDelete