On May 22, 2016, we said farewell to Beanie's last piece of babyhood -- the bottle!
She was not ready, but at 3 years old I thought it was time to say goodbye. We have slowly worked though all the three items I had on my list for this year - the binky, potty training and the bottle was last.
So, that Monday morning when she came downstairs, I put away the bottles. We had been talking about it for many months that the bottles would have to go, but I figured I just needed to get it done.
I bought her a few cute sippy cups as an incentive. Anyway a massive fit ensued when she found she was not getting a bottle - crying, screaming, coming and hitting my leg which is very rare. I almost gave in...she was so distraught, but then after about 20 min of all this drama, she calmed herself and meekly asked for milk in her new Hello Kitty sippy cup.
And that was it.....no mention of bottle since, except in passing.
However, I have noticed she has not been drinking as much milk now as she did with a bottle. Some mornings she would drink 8 oz bottle and ask for more. After we switched, she barely drank 3-4 oz at a time. But I am okay with that since at her age they say one cup of milk is adequate, as long as they are having other dairy products, which she is. She does drink milk in school and some at night, too.
Its been about 10 days now and there has been no mention of a bottles, and we are officially done! She is drinking a bit more than she did when we first started out so maybe she is getting used to the cup.
And with that my baby is now a full-fledged little girl. She can now hop on one leg too.....she is growing up so fast!
Oh and potty training is going very well. She is waking dry most mornings. I hope that after this lot of night diapers are done I will not need to buy anymore!
Aww, that's both a celebration and a little sad, I imagine. She's growing up fast. Hopping - wow! Can she skip yet?
ReplyDeleteYes! She has been for a few months now :-)
DeleteThis makes me feel better to read! Seamus will be three this month and I just didn't have the heart to take his night time bottle of milk away. Every other mom I knew had dropped bottles entirely around 1 year old, so it was like my guilty secret! I'll try your methods when I finally work up the courage to drop the bottle. :)
ReplyDelete裸聊免費網
ReplyDelete色情真人秀網站
免費語音視頻聊天室
美女真人裸聊聊天室
免費午夜秀視頻聊天室
台灣情人視頻聊天室
真人秀聊天室
國外免費視頻秀聊天室
午夜免費視訊聊天室
視頻啪啪免費聊天室