Wednesday, July 8, 2015

First time away from Beanie

I got back this morning from a business trip to the West coast.

It was a short trip.

I left on Monday at lunchtime and took the red eye back on Tue night coming in this AM.  I had the option of staying another night but opted to get back home.

Beanie did great. In fact she did better than great. I had told her the day earlier that I would be going on a "trip" and my parents would take care of her. She was totally fine with that.

I was frankly not worried about leaving her. She is incredibly close to my parents whom she sees daily and I totally trust them with her care.

As expected she did wonderfully, to the point that she did not even ask about me - lol. My Dad was a bit sheepish when I asked him "is she asking for me" and he said "um...I don't want to hurt your feelings but no".

My feelings were not hurt :-)

I knows she adores my parents, especially my Mom so it was good. It made me feel super relaxed about being away and I feel I can now enjoy business travel without feeling guilty about it. My parents were really impressed with the fact that she knows where everything is in the house and was directing my Mom on how to make the bed and where the pan is to cook eggs, etc. My Mom know all that but was really amazed at how much Beanie was aware of the processes.  Both my parents had a really good time with her, although I am sure they were exhausted. As luck would have it she is off from school this week, so they had to keep her occupied all day which can be pretty tiring!

When I came home this morning she was pleased to see me and gave me a hug and kisses, as I had hoped.

But the real funny part was later when I was ready to take a quick nap for a couple of hours before starting work, and headed to my bedroom, she says "no no, that is my room and Dammy's - you go sleep in the other room (the guest room)"!

I got her a few gifts from my trip and she was excited with them. Then my internet conked out just as I was getting ready to do a big presentation so I had to rush over to my parents place leaving my Mom to take care of Beanie all day today.

I got home at 5pm and my Mom left and then it was just Beanie and me and I loved the 1-1 time with her, cuddling and laughing and playing.

I personally did really well too.

I only got a bit emotional right before I got on the plane when I looked at her pic on my phone. Not crying or anything like that, but a huge lump in my throat.

I missed her a lot though and kept seeing her smiling face in my mind's eye. Having said all that it was a really nice break. I got to eat and bathe and dress with no interruptions, so that part was enjoyable plus sleep on a big bed ALONE.

Anyway, I am back refreshed. I think I needed that break. I was feeling a bit burnt out.

I am on vacation until the 20th (so is Beanie) so hope to spend some quality time with her! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad the trip went went well and Beanie did so good with your parents! It is nice to know things are going smoothly at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to enjoy your time away & sleeping alone! It's such a relief to know things are fine at home so you can relax & recharge

    ReplyDelete